What’s Our Process?
Often times, the hardest part is deciding to get started (we can only help by encouraging you to pick up the phone to call us). Once you call aim2achieve speech therapy, our certified speech language pathologists and office staff will make you, and your child feel comfortable.
We will guide you through the step-by-step process from initial evaluation to a final treatment plan.
- When you first call our center, you will have the opportunity to explain your concerns and questions to our front office staff. At that time, our staff will record your insurance information so that we can find out your specific benefits and eligibility requirements for speech and language services.
- After obtaining benefit information (if applicable), you will be contacted directly by, Amy Bernstein M.A.
CCC-SLP (owner/director of aim2achieve speech therapy). Amy will review your speech and language
concerns and scheduling preferences. Based on your conversation, your child will be matched with an
appropriate speech language pathologist. At that point, you will be contacted within 24 hours to set up
your evaluation appointment.
- Next, you have the option to either download and print patient forms from our website. If you are unable to access the forms, they are also available at the front desk.
- When you come for your evaluation, the speech pathologist will spend time with both you and your child. The evaluation will include obtaining a detailed case history, formal testing, and multiple opportunities for observation and play therapy.
- A few days after your evaluation is finished, your speech pathologist will call you to review results and
advise you of her recommendations. Within two weeks after your initial evaluation, a formal report will be sent to you and your insurance company with pertinent findings and recommendations in regard to services. Additional copies of the report can be sent to doctors, teachers and child study team or other specialists, per your request. We will be happy to provide your child’s teacher with strategies to be implemented into his current educational environment.
- Additionally we are available to attend your child’s IEP I&RS meetings on your behalf.
Therapy appointments will be scheduled with your individual therapists if services are deemed necessary. The speech therapist working with your child will develop specific goals for your child and fully review them with you.
Therapy plans are updated on a continual basis and are tailored to meet your child’s individual needs. Progress will be documented following each session.Carryover activities for home will be supplied.
We STRONGLY believe that the family is an integral part of the treatment plan. Therefore, we ensure that parent education is part of every session.